Cosmetic dental solutions can enhance the appearance of your teeth, mouth, and smile. They can help improve your confidence as well.
Cosmetic dentistry can help fix stained teeth, oddly shaped teeth, missing teeth, and chips, cracks or breaks in teeth. It can also help to make your lips, smile, and cheeks more full, providing a more balanced smile. Your input will help us decide how to give you the smile you want. We offer a wide range of cosmetic treatments that you can choose from to achieve your desired smile.
With proper care and regular dental visits with our dentist, your smile will look great, your confidence will increase and your dental restorations will last for many years. We ensure individualized treatment plans that meet your needs and ensure optimal health. Our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality care in the most comfortable environment.
Contact our dentist for more information on cosmetic dentistry.
Porcelain veneers are cosmetic solutions that may be recommended for those who are interested in restoring the color and appearance of their teeth. They are used to recreate the natural look of teeth, while also providing strength and flexibility that is comparable to natural tooth enamel.
Porcelain veneers can be used to:
- Re-shape teeth
- Improve the look of your teeth due to stains
- Close gaps between teeth
- Fix teeth that are chipped, fractured, crooked or broken
Porcelain veneers are custom-made to fit over your natural teeth. The foundation of your natural teeth must be strong and healthy in order to be a candidate. Results from veneers can be very drastic, and instantly improve the appearance of your smile. Since veneers are individually created for each patient, it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between a veneer and a natural tooth. Unlike natural teeth, veneers can also resist stains from coffee, tea and cigarette smoke.
Porcelain veneers are very durable and can last for years when cared for properly. Continue brushing, flossing and keeping up with regular professional cleanings to obtain optimal oral care. If you are interested in porcelain veneers, contact us for a consultation. Our team will conduct an evaluation on your smile to determine what steps are necessary to achieve the smile you desire.
We provide teeth whitening solutions for patients to looking brighten their smiles. Teeth whitening may be a great option if you have stained, dull or discolored teeth. The main causes of stained teeth are genetics, antibiotics, tobacco and certain foods. As we age, our teeth darken as well.
Teeth whitening is a simple and effective way to improve the look of your smile. Before recommending it, we will evaluate your smile and ensure that your teeth and gums are healthy enough for whitening.
Take Home Teeth Whitening Treatment
We offer custom-fitted whitening trays at our dental office. With at-home whitening, results can be noticed right away, and will continue to improve over the 2-4 week treatment process. With at-home whitening, you can brighten your smile from the comfort of your own home. The trays are reusable for touch ups and provide long-term effects with less sensitivity than in-office techniques.
Our dental team is devoted to helping you achieve and maintain a beautiful and healthy smile. If you are considering teeth whitening, contact us for a consultation.
Over time, teeth begin to weaken and become more susceptible to problems such as decay, cracks or discoloration. Crowns are used to renew the appearance and function of a tooth. Crowns are not limited to just replacing the original tooth, but can be designed to create an even better aesthetic appearance.
Other reasons for needing a dental crown include:
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth.
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left.
- To cover severely discolored teeth.
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
Also, they are often used in conjunction with root canal therapy, dental implants or as an anchor for a bridge.
The procedure for receiving a crown is as follows:
- X-rays will be taken to check the roots of the tooth receiving the crown. If the tooth has extensive decay or there is a risk of infection, a root canal treatment may be performed first.
- Anesthesia is used to numb the area to eliminate pain. The tooth that is receiving the crown will be prepared to make room for the crown.
- Our dentist will make an impression of the tooth. These impressions are sent to the lab where the crown will be fabricated.
- Our doctor fabricates a temporary crown and places it to cover and protect the prepared tooth while the crown is being made.
- Once your permanent crown arrives, your temporary crown will be removed and your permanent crown will be placed over your tooth. We will ensure the right fit and color during placement.
- If the permanent crown is acceptable, an anesthetic will be used to numb the tooth and the crown will be permanently cemented in place.
Crowns are typically made from porcelain in order to maintain strength and a natural appearance. Once treatment is complete, continue to practice proper at home care and keep regular office visits to help your crown last many years. Much like your original teeth, crowns require routine brushing and flossing.
A dental bridge is used to replace a missing tooth or teeth. A tooth or teeth neighboring the missing tooth or teeth may be crowned, and used as anchoring teeth to support the replacement tooth.
It is important to replace missing teeth to avoid shifting of surrounding teeth, which may lead to misaligned bite, TMD and other problems. If left untreated, structural changes to your mouth and jaw may occur, making it difficult to eat and speak properly.
Dental bridges are custom-made to match your natural teeth in color and overall appearance. They are made from porcelain, metal, or ceramics to ensure that they are strong and durable. With appropriate at home and professional care, your dental bridges may last for years.
If you are considering replacing a tooth, contact us to schedule a consultation.